California Lending for Energy and Environmental Needs (CLEEN) Center
The CLEEN Center provides direct public financing to Municipalities, Universities, Schools and Hospitals
Read More ...
Small Business Finance Center (SBFC)
The SBFC helps businesses create and retain jobs, and encourages investment in low- to moderate-income communities. The SBFC has a Small Business Loan Guarantee Program, and a Farm Loan Program.
California Small Business Loan Guarantee Program (SBLGP)
The SBLGP, through non-profit Financial Development Corporations (FDCs), issues loan guarantees and partners with eligible lenders to finance small businesses that experience capital access barriers.
Who Can Apply
- Small Businesses located in California with 1-750 employees.
- Eligible Nonprofits
- Loans up to $20 million
- Max guarantee $2.5 million
- Guaranteed up to 7 years; term can be longer
- Loan interest rates negotiated between lender and borrower
- Qualifications based on lender criteria
Use of Funds
- Start-up costs
- New construction
- Working capital
- Export financing
- Franchise fees
- Business expansion
- Lines of credit
- Gap financing
How to Apply
Qualifying small business owners may apply for a loan guarantee or get additional information by contacting one of the participating Financial Development Corporations (FDCs) from the list below.
Farm Loan Program
The Farm Loan Program supports direct loans to small farms through participating Financial Development Corporations (FDCs). Loans are 90% guaranteed by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, Farm Serviced Agency (FSA).
Who Can Apply
To qualify for an FSA Guarantee, a loan applicant must:
- Be a citizen of the United States (or legal resident alien), which includes Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, American Samoa, and certain former Pacific Trust Territories.
- Have an acceptable credit history as determined by the lender.
- Have the legal capacity to incur the obligations of the loan.
- Be unable to obtain a loan without a guarantee.
- Not have caused FSA a loss by receiving debt forgiveness on more than 3 occasions on or prior to April 4, 1996; or any occasion after April 4, 1996.
- Be the owner or tenant operator of a family farm after the loan is closed. For a Guaranteed Operating Loan (OL), the producer must be the operator of a family farm after the loan is closed. For a Guaranteed Farm Ownership (FO) Loan, the producer needs to also own the farm.
- Not be delinquent on any Federal debt
Entities (corporations, cooperatives, joint operations, partnerships, trusts, and limited liability companies) and their members/stockholders must meet these same eligibility requirements. The farm must be located in California.
Use of Funds (partial list)
- Operating and production expenses
- Buildings, construction or repair
- Storage and drying facilities
- Purchase livestock
- Purchase seed, fertilizer
- Soil and water conservation
- Refinancing debt
Maximum Loan Size
The FSA can guarantee loans up to $1,399,000 (amount adjusted annually based on inflation).
How to Apply
Qualifying farm owners may apply for a loan or get additional information by contacting one of the following Financial Development Corporations (FDCs):
- California Coastal Rural Development Corporation
- State Assistance Fund for Enterprise-Business and Industrial Development Corporation
- Valley Small Business Development Corporation
Small Business Resources:
- State Small Business Credit Initiative (SSBCI)
- Business Portal (GO-Biz)
- Other Small Business Resources
Small Business Resource Map
Clarence Williams, President
1792 Tribute Road, Suite 270
Sacramento, CA 95815
Karl Zalazowski, President
221 Main Street, Suite 301
Salinas, CA 93901
Kurt Chilcott, President & CEO
2825 Dewey Road
Building 202, Suite 205
San Diego, CA 92106
Arthur Washington, CEO
300 Frank H. Ogawa Plaza, Suite 175
Oakland, CA 94612
Michael A. Ocasio, President & CEO
271 N. Sycamore Street
Santa Ana, CA. 92701
Voice: 714 571-1900
Fax: 714 571-1905
Mark J. Robertson, Sr., President
3255 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 1501
Los Angeles, CA 90010
Voice: 213-739-2999, Ext. 222
Mary Jo Dutra, President
1377 Corporate Center Parkway, Suite A
Santa Rosa, CA 95407
Voice: 707-577-8621 or 1-800-273-8637
Debbie Raven, CEO
7035 North Fruit Avenue
Fresno, CA 93711
For further information contact:
Emily Burgos, Small Business Finance Center Manager
Office Address: 1325 J Street, Suite 1823, Sacramento, CA 95814|
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 2830, Sacramento, CA 95812-2830