California Lending for Energy and Environmental Needs (CLEEN) Center
The CLEEN Center provides direct public financing to Municipalities, Universities, Schools and Hospitals
Read More ...
501(c)(3) Bond Financing
Low-cost, tax-exempt financing to nonprofit public benefit corporations for acquisitions and/or improvements of facilities and capital assets. The corporation must have received a letter from the Internal Revenue Service stating that it qualifies under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
Who Can Apply
Typical examples of nonprofit corporations include cultural facilities such as museums, libraries, aquariums, and historic preservation; charitable organizations and foundations; recreational facilities such as community centers, local sports facilities and YMCAs; research institutes and centers; organizations that promote social benefits such as the prevention of cruelty to children and animals.
Bonds issued by the IBank must meet established minimum credit rating standards, based on the credit of the applicant or a credit enhancement from a bank, insurance company or other guarantor acceptable to the IBank.
Benefits of 501(c)(3) Bond Financing
- Low interest rates
- Long-term financing
- Flexible terms
- Allows borrower to retain endowments and accumulated funds
- Allows project to be completed now and repaid from future revenues
How to Apply
Applications are continuously accepted and are available below. We encourage you to call us before applying. IBank representatives provide technical assistance and work with you throughout the process. IBank’s Board of Directors normally meets each month to consider approval of applications received prior to the meeting date. Check here for board meeting deadlines.
- Application: PDF Version | Word Document Version - Please submit completed applications via email to Fariba.Khoie@ibank.ca.gov
or by mail to P.O. Box 2830 Sacramento, CA 95812-2830.
- Policies and Procedures for Conduit Revenue Bond Financing for Economic Development Facilities - Updated 08/2010
- Post-Issuance Tax Compliance Policy for Tax Exempt Bonds
- 501(c)(3) Revenue Bond Fees
- Request of Post-Bond Issuance Actions - Complete this request form if you wish for the IBank to take post-bond issuance actions in connection with outstanding IBank bonds. Such actions include, but are not limited to, agreement modifications, Letter of Credit substitutions, mode conversions, redemption, or agent substitutions.
For more information contact:
Fariba Khoie, Bond Program Manager
Office Address: 1325 J Street, Suite 1823, Sacramento, CA 95814
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 2830, Sacramento, CA 95812-2830
Telephone: (916) 341-6600
FAX: (916) 322-6314
Disclaimer Nothing contained herein should be construed or relied upon as legal advice. Instead, this information is intended to serve as an overview of the general subject of the use of tax-exempt bonds by nonprofit corporations, from which better-informed requests for advice, both legal and financial, can be formulated.